In addition to her love of performing, Genevieve is also actively involved in the study and development of brass pedagogy. Genevieve is currently turning her dissertation - "The Beginning Tubist: A Curriculum and Supplemental Book of Duets" - into a duet book which will be published through Mountain Peak Music. Her research has been presented at the Texas and Arizona Music Educators' Conferences as well as the International Tuba Euphonium Conference.
Genevieve has taught privately for over ten years and has worked with a wide range of students - from beginners to some of the best young musicians in the country. As the Associate Instructor of Brass Techniques at Indiana University, Genevieve prepared and taught brass instrumental technique and large ensemble rehearsal technique courses through the music education department. Prior to her appointment at Northern Arizona University, Genevieve maintained a private studio of between 50 and 60 tuba and euphonium students in Austin, Texas and the surrounding area.
Genevieve has a Bachelor’s in Music Education from James Madison University and a Master’s in Tuba Performance from the University of Cincinnati - College-Conservatory of Music. While studying in Cincinnati, Genevieve served as the tuba and euphonium instructor for the CCM Preparatory Department. She completed her Doctorate in Tuba Performance with minors in Music Education and Arts Administration from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music in 2017.
Recent Student Successes Include:
- BM Tuba Performance student accepted for an MM and full Graduate Assistantship at the UMKC Conservatory of Music and Dance (2018)
- Euphonium Young Artist Gold-Medalist, Leonard Falcone International Tuba-Euphonium Festival (2017)
- Tuba Young Artist Semi-Finalist, Leonard Falcone International Tuba-Euphonium Festival (2017)
- Finalist, Northern Arizona University Concerto Competition (2017)
- 5th Chair Euphonium, Texas 6A All-State Bands (2017)
- 1st Chair Euphonium, Texas 6A All-State Bands (2016)
- 14th Chair Tuba, Texas 6A All-State Bands (2016)
- Four students auditioned in to the Texas Youth Wind Symphony (2016)
- 1st Chair Tuba, Region 26 6A Honor Band (2016)
- 1st Chair Euphonium, Region 18 6A Honor Band (2016)
- 2nd and 3rd Chair Euphoniums, Region 26 6A Honor Band (2016)
- Runner-Up, International Euphonium Tuba Festival, Student Euphonium Competition (2015)
- Austin Symphony Concerto Competition Winner (2015)
- Four students auditioned in to the Texas Youth Wind Symphony (2015)
- 1st Chair Euphonium, Texas 6A All-State Bands (2015)
- 1st Chair Euphonium, Region 18 6A Honor Band (2015)